Saturday, February 13, 2021

Practice Sketch 210213

True Story! One year the youth group took us ice skating. It was my first time on the ice. I grabbed a pair of skate boots, and ventured out on the ice.

I ended up spending more time lying on the ice than skating! 😅

A girl in the youth group (who wasn't that much better at skating) even made fun of how much I was falling, so after only a couple laps hugging the wall, I called it quits and walked off the ice.

I sat down on a bench, preparing to turn in my skate boots, and just watch people from the sidelines. As I was untying my boot laces, a manager of the rink walked by, took one look at my boots, and without stopping, pointed, said, "Those boots are too big! Go get a smaller size!", and continued on his way.

I thought to myself, "what have I got to lose?", and decided to trade in my boots for a smaller pair. I took to the ice...and never fell again!

The girl who made fun of me didn't say anything to me the rest of the evening...maybe because I suddenly became a better skater than her. 😉